Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Back to work

Salam,

After countless hours on roads, a cramped neck and legs, repeated meals of McD fillet-o-fish and off course, two months worth of rent and bills, I am finally back to work. The trip wasn't that amazing, considering the poor transportation arrangement by the tour company, and plus some shenanigans caused by the passengers that are mainly from the Tanah Besar. To make it worse, a vacation without my significant other. I wish to list all the things that turned me into an old grumpy lady throughout the trip, but why must I add salt to a wound. To the least, I am so happy to meet my sister (Husna a.k.a Una) who manage to tolerate my crankiness hahaha.

The tour covered a handful of places, including Las Vegas, West Rim of Grand Canyon, Solvang (in CA), San Francisco (including the crookedest street, Golden Gate, Chinatown (What could you expect when you join a Chinese-based tour company), Fisherman's Wharf, City Hall) and Yosemite National Park. The rush to be on time severely limited my exploration, who usually spend more hours on fewer places. After all, I did enjoy the National Park. Hopefully, I'll have enough of vitamin R to upload my pictures later.
  

 LA- SF- Yosemite route

 LA - LV - Grand Canyon route. The roads aren't highlighted because the Google Map cannot find the route to the Grand Canyon.

Today, I managed to finish some of the postponed work high-spiritedly (perhaps after spending so much money? hehehe). Few major works left, but I am done with some minor ones. Fieldwork are scheduled to begin on 1st June, so my fingers are crossed, hoping that weathers will favor me this year. I am praying to Allah that my fieldwork will sail smoothly and hopefully, nothing major will happen that can crush my spirit, which most of the time can easily crumble and fall apart hehehe. Doakan saya yea!!

4 comments:

  1. Lissa,
    I baru balik dari Midland, yeay! Sorry didn't call you, kitorang busy cari rumah. Rumah kat situ punya lah laku, baru suka yang A, tau2 esok ada orang beli! Dah la kedekut, 10 sen pun tanak diskaun. Anyway, insya allah we'll be moving in a month, so see you some time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam, Huda,

    I am so sorry for not having your email replied. Busy and then, mcm biasa, lupa hehe. Anyway, gimme a call when you settle down in Midland, my BFF home town's is there, she's a muslim and I can introduce you to them, in case in future you need any assistance. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Saw post and tagged places on Imran's FB and figured out that must be you! Haha :D Hope you had fun, jangan lupa tulis post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Farina: Imran yang sibuk2 soh checked in at those places..kasihan untuk orang tak dapat jalan2, so ikutkan saje hahaha

    p.s: faliela's picture arrived yesterday, both of us are very excited to see the cuties with a pink ribbon :D

    ReplyDelete