Tuesday, May 10, 2011

End of Spring '11 semester

Salam,

  • I am done with exams, papers etc on last Tuesday. Those heavy burdens are finally lifted from my shoulders and sleeps hehe. Just to share something though, my advisor's another student borrowed my term paper, her reason is she never write one (she just arrived this semester), and she needed a guide. Guess what? She used the same topic as mine, use the same content and body. When I glanced at her presentation slides that she opened on her computer, (she sits next to me in the Grad Lab) she suddenly closed the file. Feeling guilty for being loose on integrity, perhaps? Heck, no way I am giving her any of my reports and exams after this!! Rasa nak p report aje on plagiarism. Sincere advice for myself: Do I need to learn how to say NO to people's face? I don't mind helping out people, AT ALL, at any degree, but often times people take advantages on me :(
  • Tested my model, Alhamdulillah. Seems to work at different locations and crop varieties. Hoping that this year data will strengthen the results. If it is not, I need to formulate a new model, from scratch, which I am hoping to eliminate this painful process of remodeling (Anyway, dah tade idea huhu). Dengan penyelia yang gitugitu, saya tanak extend.
  • Need a commendation letter from the departmental chair, and he asked for my resume. Considering that I have a good industrial training background that I pick up at 6 different entities,  from UTM (as RA) to ESRI South East Asia (A GIS company) to Golden Hope Research Center (RO), I only have 2 proceedings and none publications at all. Sedih giler ok dengan prestasi diri sendiri. 
  • I am doing so well in classes but extremely (dasyat sungguh bunyinya, tapi nak guna mediocre tak  layak langsung) poor in my research. I wonder if there is any classes only PhD program anywhere, because I want to be the first person to enroll!!
  • I am going to Grand Canyon next week, for a mental preparation before a long, hot summer fieldwork from June to Sept (including Ramadhan), 6 am to 5 pm. Anyway who is interested in losing weight (a lot of weight) please, my home and me welcome you!!! (I lost 7 kg and gained tanned skin - jimat duit tak yah gi slimming and tanning program hehehe)
  • My friend, Shilpi defensed her dissertation today and she passed with flying colors. Minor corrections saje. I am so happy for her but totally envious!! Arrghh bila kesengsaraan ku nak abes? 
  • Visited dentist to refill the chipped, old filling on my tooth. Been charged usd261, Imran kata dah boleh beli LCD 32". Hoping that the insurance will cover that. Kalau kat Malaysia, rm800 p dentist, toksahkan tampal, siap boleh polish gigi tu sampai berkilat, tampal semua2 lubang lama, asah gigi mcm artis2 tu, and still ada balance boleh makan KFC, huh!

 Patut la kat sini Dr boleh pakai Lamborghini, kalau satu gigi usd200, satu hari 10 patient, dah berapa tu?.

    3 comments:

    1. Adakah awak student forecast utm batch 2000, SPM 99. Kalau ye, saya kawan awak.

      Amy

      ReplyDelete
    2. Lisa: You have to say No. Me, myself has the same problem, memang kena pijak kaw kaw. But sometimes you just need to be cruel to others in order to be kind to yourself!

      Oh, thanks for your tips about claiming form GE. I dapat reimbursemnet a month after sending the claim. Thanks a lot :D Seronok dapat duit balik.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Amy:

      Hye, apa khabar? Yea saya kawan awak hahahaha camne nk contact awak yea?

      ReplyDelete