Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pleasure of Cooking (part II)

Salam,

For the last couple of days, I made up for my missed Ramadhan fasting. So BIG excuses to lauk biasa-biasa a.k.a telur goreng or fried rice. On Sunday, I made cod fishcake. I had to mix the flesh with bread crumbs and spring onions and pepper since the frozen version of the cod that I bought at Walmart pretty much resembles the succulent Spongebob Squarepants. I also put some efforts into cooking cheesy wedges, but Lord, the result crushed my appetite! The cheese gravy was watery in spite of a block of cheese that I put in there.

The very next day, I tried to make cream puffs. (I found a very easy and nice recipe from this website). Rasa memang sedap yet mine were  leper and not that fluffy.  So another failure tailing another. (Tu yang always give up malas nak masak!)

This morning, when I cleaned the refrigerator, I found packets of simmer sauce given by my BFF when I went back to Malaysia about two months ago. Since she works at Brahim's, she had given me a big box containing all the Brahim's products (initially I only took 2 packets - adat orang Melayu mesti malu-malu kan - but she insisted I took them all). I never tried any, so I randomly choose a packet labeled " Malaysian Nyonya Sauce".  Cooking has never been easy like this,  I cut and campak chicken and potatoes into the gravy, poured a cup of water, watched TV and came back to check the dish 20 minutes later. When Imran tasted it, he liked it so muchhhhhhhhhh that he asked me where I got the recipe. hehe terpaksa la bocor rahsia, karang dia suruh masak lagi, CONFIRM tak jadi hehe. Next time boleh order package yang ini, senang kerja memasak ku!!


The must try Brahim's Malaysia Nyonya Sauce.
Ada rasa mild curry, ada rasa lemak cili api pekat, masam2. Sangat sedap!

3 comments:

  1. sedap eh? kat sini ada jual Brahim, nak carik gak la, hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. dulu ada pernah beli yang sambal ikan bilis punya. sedapppp.. nak jugak ah carik.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kak Mimah & Alia: yang penting sedap n SENANG..sedap tp SUSAH pon tak best hahaha

    ReplyDelete