Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Till then..

Salam,

I may have to abandon this blog for a while. New semester officially starts today. Initially I only registered for 3 classes,  2 of them did not make (insufficient number of enrollment) that I was supposed to find for replacements. One of those classes, I was so excited about it that I already bought the textbook a week ago. But then, since the class was canceled, I decided to meet the professor and literally begged him to consider teaching that class as a special topic. He hardly got any chance to say no or even think. Not only that he agreed, but he is willing to file a paperwork to keep the course name instead of the special topic. Hooray!! *Apologize to readers from other countries than US. You guys may find this confuses : class, special topic?*

I am also auditing 3 other classes, and one of them I only knew 5 minutes before the class started. When the professor asked the students for their reason(s) to join that class, I stupidly answered that I was informed 5 minutes ago by my friend that he's taking a good statistic class and I eager to join as well. Everyone burst into laughing. *Well, saya rasa tak kelakar pon. Maybe jawapan itu jujur amat?*

So here goes the list, Geostatistic, Seminar, Soil Pedology, (auditing) Introduction to Soil Science, Experimental Design (second time auditing) and Advanced Statistical Method.  Those will definitely keep me extremely busy for the whole semester. That doesn't count in the research hours yet, and I already signed up for 3 workshops!!

Kiasu betul saya semester nie? Kata plan nak register for climbing wall class kat recreational center? Boleh ke khatam buku soil 900 pages tu before Qualifying Exam? Tapi, saya nak quote kata-kata President of the Graduate Council Students, selagi boleh timba ilmu (especially when they are free) banyak2, sila ambil peluang!! Tiba-tiba aje semangat saya membara!!

3 comments: